So, you've seen some real shoots with my clients in their actual clothing. None of this was borrowed or styled before hand. Follow these tips to help you get ready for your next shoot!
- First and foremost, be comfortable!! This does not mean showing up in sweats. It means if a cropped top would make you uncomfortable, don't wear it! If something low cut would make you self conscious, don't wear it!
- Don't match! You'll be able to coordinate just fine by sticking to complimentary colors. Ya'll don't have to show up in white shirts khaki pants. Like, PLEASE DON'T DO THAT.
- Neutral color palettes work the best and will provide more flexibility. Think blues, dark green, nudes, greys, etc. That being said, if you have a stellar red dress you best be wearing it! Just Please don't anyone show up in neon! ;)
- When in doubt, just dress to the nines! How often do you ever get to wear your best dress or suit AND have professional photo evidence of the occasion?? Even if it's just a casual shoot, I can't tell you how much I love the contrast of a couple sitting in a brewery dressed like they just left a gala to grab a cold beer on the way home. It's art!
- This one applies more to the men, but for the love of God, wear clothes that fit. One of the most unflattering thing a man can do is to show up in baggy pants with a belt that cinches the waist in all the wrong places like a 13 year old wearing his older brothers hand me downs to church. Adults shouldn't do that!
- If we are going to the beach or the woods, don't stress about the shoes. Chance are you won't be wearing them on the beach and nobody will be expecting you to hike in heels. Just in general don't stress about the shoes unless you've got some badass pair you WANT to have photos of. Take a look around your house or your Instagram and see how many photos you can even SEE your shoes in.
- Ladies, hair down is usually best. But again, do what YOU FEEL BEST with. I would not suggest the men getting a fresh haircut for the shoot. We all know how too fresh of haircuts can look!